Business Development Manager
We are seeking an innovative, strategic, and agile business maven to join THE MEME's multidisciplinary office as a Business Development Manager. As a member of the BD team, you will be involved in a range of projects, from internal and external communication, to relationship building and development, to strategic marketing and outreach. All of these efforts will be accomplished working in parallel with THE MEME's business leadership.
- A driven entrepreneur: Your enthusiastic, creative energy propels you to continually strive to improve, iterate, and get things done.
- A self-starter: Driven by curiosity, you thrive under complexity, pivoting, adapting, and taking charge as needed.
- Forward-thinking: You have innovative ideas for generating new business outreach strategies.
- A connector: You network in your sleep; you excel at making connections with potential clients and know how to make a great pitch.
- A superb communicator: Effectively portraying your great ideas in person and on paper is your thing.
- A team player: You believe that collaboration requires great communication skills and even better listening skills.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the development of a strategic vision for the firm's growth.
- Access various industry resources and provide market research / analysis.
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners to discover and explore opportunities.
- Identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators, including development and update of the company’s value proposition.
- Close new business deals by coordinating requirements and developing and negotiating project proposals and contracts.
- Implement a continuous outreach and sales strategy, generating leads for new business.
- Work with the internal marketing team to increase sales opportunities.
- Discover and attend conferences and networking events that can increase exposure.
- Plan and prepare internal pipeline meetings, presenting strategic business development plans to leadership of the company.
- Promote and develop content strategy for firm-hosted events.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in marketing, sales, business administration, or business development, with experience helping companies grow.
- A strategic mindset and persistent focus on finding potential business opportunities that align well with the company’s precise value and offering.
- Strong social, language, and management skills, with an ability to exceed the needs of potential clients.
- Enthusiasm working with various types of businesses including, but not limited to, startups, new ventures, and emerging businesses.
- Proficiency in key business software systems, including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Keynote, and LinkedIn.
- Experience using different or new client management systems is highly valued.
- Experience working in a design consultancy culture is a plus.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat; please apply on LinkedIn or send your resume and a brief statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have a portfolio or work sample, please include that as well.
THE MEME is a strategic design and innovation consultancy. With a client list including some of the most innovative departments in Samsung Electronics,
LG Electronics, and Microsoft, we make complex decisions simple, operating at the intersection of technology, culture, and business. We practice human
centered design and experiment with pushing design thinking to novel environments, driven by a passion for creating real value and meaning for people.