Visual Design Intern
We are seeking our next big story crafter. As a Visual Design Intern, you will support our Interactive Design team, working closely with researchers, designers, and strategists to bring human-centered interactive experiences to life. You will have the opportunity to participate in a range of projects, from early research to prototyping and production. You will have a dynamic space to learn and freedom to experiment, all while providing a fresh design point of view.
- A great visual storyteller: You help transform design concepts into beautiful experiences.
- An aesthete: You have a genuine passion for excellence in design.
- A superb translator: Making ideas tangible and easy to understand is your thing.
- A self-starter: Driven by curiosity, your creative engine is always running.
- A provocateur: You believe that critical thinking leads to great ideas.
- Empathetic: You are committed to putting yourself in other people’s shoes.
- A team player: You believe that collaboration requires great communication skills and even better listening skills.
YOUR ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop compelling and consistent visual experiences across various creative media (e.g., web, mobile, UI, branding, and printed materials – both internal and client-facing).
- Participate proactively in the brainstorming, development, and implementation of visual design concepts.
- Wear multiple hats working alongside user researchers and strategists to develop tools for field work.
- Represent the design perspective during data collection, analysis, and synthesis of insights.
- Prepare to roll up your sleeves as you help create mockups for prototyping and client deliverables.
- Help design compelling and engaging slide decks and reports that communicate our unique DNA.
- Background in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Communication Arts, New Media, or relevant fields.
- Advanced (i.e., ninja) skills using various design tools including, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Pixel-level attention to detail.
- Ability to move seamlessly from wireframing to high fidelity mockups quickly and iteratively.
- Advanced understanding of design principles for intuitive interfaces and interaction flows.
- Previous experience with GUI design for consumer products & electronics or multimedia applications.
- Hands-on experience with interactive prototyping methods and tools (e.g., paper prototyping, Pop, Invision, Proto.io).
- Some experience coding, with mid-to advanced knowledge of front-end web or mobile UI programming.
- Animation / motion graphics skills.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to chat; please send your resume, cover letter, and a sample of your work to email@example.com. In your email, you can either share a link to your portfolio site or directly upload samples of work (keep it light; we are mobile-friendly!).
THE MEME is a strategic design and innovation consultancy. With a client list including some of the most innovative departments in Samsung Electronics,
LG Electronics, and Microsoft, we make complex decisions simple, operating at the intersection of technology, culture, and business. We practice human
centered design and experiment with pushing design thinking to novel environments, driven by a passion for creating real value and meaning for people.